Music and Mood
Benefits :Cortisol, produced by the adrenal glands, is called the stress hormone because stress activates its secretion. Cortisol in small amounts is good for you as it regulates blood pressure and boosts energy. Too much cortisol, however, results in impaired brain performance, high blood pressure, increased abdominal fat and more. Cardiovascular exercise like dance and a variety of fitness workouts stimulate the creation of several hormones responsible for mood enhancement and raised energy levels. The energetic movement and rigorous exercise routine release endorphins which counteract the cortisol and adrenaline hormones that cause stress. It uplifts your mood and makes you feel good. Regular exercise of this type strengthens the heart. It enables oxygen to travel through the body more effectively, benefiting cells, organs and soft tissue. A good cardio workout also lowers blood pressure and significantly reduces elevated heart rates. It also helps to strengthen the muscles of the respiratory system thus facilitating greater lung efficiency, and enabling them to pump more oxygen in your bloodstream to boost energy and help you breathe freely. Together all this helps to energize you, relax your body and mind, and release negative energy. Relaxed and happier, you will find it easier to release stress and be stronger and more confident to deal with ongoing or chronic stress.
High Tempo Fitness
Benefits :Physical and mental health benefits that can be achieved through resistance training include:
• Improved muscle strength and tone – to protect your joints from injury
• Maintaining flexibility and balance, which can help you remain independent as you age
• Weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle, your body burns more kilojoules when at rest
• May help reduce or prevent cognitive decline in older people
• Greater stamina – as you grow stronger, you won’t get tired as easily
• Prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity
• Pain management
• Improved mobility and balance
• Improved posture
• Decreased risk of injury
• Increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis
• Improved sense of wellbeing – resistance training may boost your self-confidence, improve your body image and your mood
• A better night’s sleep and avoidance of insomnia
• Increased self-esteem
• Enhanced performance of everyday tasks.
Rest and Revitalize
Benefits: In our increasingly fast-paced and complex world, it has become almost impossible to find time to experience true relaxation. Calming environments focused breathing and relaxation are something we all need to achieve mental and physical well-being. Scientific research has proven that mastering relaxation techniques can reduce stress and muscle tension, lower blood pressure and reduce chronic pain. Over time, these techniques can increase overall health and well-being.Many people benefit from the daily practice of stress-reduction techniques, such as deep breathing and yoga. Attendees of these programs say they feel less stressed with even a short amount of time to focus on their breathing, body or mind in a quiet environment that provides a short escape from the world around them. Our students find this refreshes them in many ways and prepares them to once again face everyday responsibilities and challenges.